Thursday, July 30, 2009

Biking Family

Though the season is short, biking is really popular here. Green trails connect cities and lakes and the walking paths and biking paths around lakes are separate, which make them safer. We decided that the one thing we would really regret not doing here is biking as a family. We bought Travis a used bike for his birthday, got mine tuned up (it's been a few years), and bought a trailer so that we could pull Sarah. She keeps her helmet on and usually falls asleep while we ride. It's so slick that I hardly even know I'm pulling it--until we got up hill. Anna and Michael love being bikers. Michael has outgrown his bike, but he's still cranking along with bent knees and a great attitude.

4 comments:

Heathelyn said...

Sarah looks so CUTE in her helmet!! Family biking is fun. Enjoy the season while it lasts.

Elisa said...

I can't expalin to you of the jealousy I have over your trailer. I want one so bad. Matt doesn't want it in his "shop"... Whatever. I'm so so glad you guys have had time to do this together, what a fun family activity! Sarah looks adorable in her helmet!! Get lots of riding time in before the snow comes!

Sarah Walton said...

Hi Emily, I should probably know this, but where are you guys again? It's beautiful there. And we've been wanting one of those trailers forever too! so fun.

Emily said...

Hi Sarah, We're in a suburb near Minneapolis, Minnesota. We'll be here for one year while Travis completes a cornea fellowship. We LOVE our Burley. I really enjoy checking your blog!