Monday, May 17, 2010

Jed's Visit








My family knows it's hard for me to say goodbye when they leave after a visit, so Jed came to Minnesota only two days after Elisa left. He actually had his ticket first, but it feels like they planned it all for me. We had a great time, of course. Sarah and I went to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts on Thursday while Anna and Michael were in school. On Friday the weather was rainy and cold so it was a perfect Mall of America day. Sarah loved her time with just Mom and Jed. Jed alone is pretty great, but it doesn't hurt that he buys things like lunch and chocolate milkshakes, and her mom never does. I'm afraid our kids will be thoroughly spoiled after all of our fun company. On Saturday the rest of my jealous family got to play too, but the weather was too gray and cold to do all of the outside things we had planned. We went to the Cheesecake Factory (we called it a Mothers Day lunch) and Michael has claimed it as his new favorite restaurant, even though he was disappointed that it wasn't a true factory. Jed and I saw Iron Man II at the IMAX theatre while Travis stayed with the kids because we couldn't get a babysitter. Then Travis's pager beeped at 11:30 PM when he was staggering into bed. There was an eleven year-old with an open globe, and he was up all night sewing a boy's eye whose brother poked it with a stick. (Our kids never get to touch sticks.)Travis didn't get to go to church or the beautiful Walker Art Museum sculpture gardens, where we walked after church. It was Sunday, Jed's last day, and we finally had beautiful weather. I love spending with Jed, and I hope he finds his way to Ogden often!

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Your pictures look great!! And you all look adorable! I'm glad you found the statue gardens this time around. Jed said he had such a great visit!

Aaron said...

A bunch of great shots! How did you get Jed to keep his eyes open? Reveal your secrets!