Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mini Marathon








On May 2 Travis ran the Indianapolis Mini Marathon, which is the country's largest 1/2 marathon. The weather was cloudy and cool with no rain, perfect for a race. He beat his last year's time by 16 minutes and felt really good. I'm so proud of him! It's always an emotional experience watching marathon runners finish a race. Travis's parents were here and so were Travis's brother and his wife and four kids. They woke up very early to drive up from Cincinnati to support him. We spent the rest of the day playing tennis and enjoying the perfect May weather. Travis's parents split their time with us here and with David's family in Cincinnati and then we went to our niece Amie's baptism in Cincinnati last weekend. My camera's batteries were dead, but (with some arm twisting) Michael let me use his.


4 comments:

Aaron said...

Go Travis! 16 minutes faster?! Impressed.

Angiegirl said...

Go Travis! That's awesome. Love the family pic. You guys look great.

Elisa said...

I'm so impressed and so jealous. Please let me automatically get in good enough shape to run a 1/2 marathon. If TRAVIS has the TIME, than I should be able to find the time RIGHT!!!??? It's called laziness maybe..

Charlotte said...

Yeah! I found your blog!