Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sarah's 2nd Birthday

Sarah hasn't had a cute, custom-decorated cake yet, but this Thompson family layer cake is always yummy. 
So far her cat is named Kitty Cat and she sleeps with him every night.
In a moment of insanity I decided I would rather do something creative than deal with our move, so I made a new birthday banner for Sarah. It's hard to see, but they are flowers and leaves.When we moved here last June, I kept thinking, "Sarah will be two when it's time to move." It's June again, Sarah is 2, and it's time to move at the end of the month. We had a simple family birthday party, but it was extra fun because Travis's sister Annie and her husband Tyson and their ten month-old April were visiting. Sarah was happy to open presents and eat cake, but the lit candles made her a little nervous. I hope that on her third birthday we are firmly planted and not packing to move. She got fun musical instruments from Grandma and Grandpa Dastrup, a faucet that suctions to the tub and makes a continuous stream of water from Grandma and Grandpa Thompson, the blue knit cat (which she hugged whenever we saw him in the store) and some Max and Ruby DVDs from us. Two year-olds are so easy to please! Aunt Angie sent a book called the Quiet Book that she found on her last adventure to NYC for the book blogger conference. We wanted to get her a tricycle, but we didn't want to move it. We hope some cousins have tricycles that they're eager to share when we come over to play. . . We sure love this little girl!

3 comments:

Elisa said...

I'm glad she has one aunt that's on the ball and sends her birthday presents! Do you think your kids will notice that I'm lazy and only spoil them in person!? Probably...

Angiegirl said...

She looks SO cute. Can't wait to get to see (and hug) her myself.

Claudia said...

I love getting to see these pictures. I can't believe how much she's grown up. I especially love the one with the birthday cake.