Wednesday, June 16, 2010

We Could Make Everything Even if Only Mom Cared Enough

Sarah's been very sick for two weeks, including the worst of her sickness while I was in Utah (for three and a half days) and Travis was alone with the kids. She is finally on the mend, though still whiny and weak, so I decided to take the kids to the Mall of America to exchange a pair shoes we bought for Anna and to just get out of the house. There are no home-packed lunches during these packing days, so we splurged and shared a large milkshake from Cold Stone. I warned Anna and Michael (though we all know I was really talking to Michael), "The lady making our shake is pouring it into four cups. If you complain about the shakes being uneven, you won't get one." "OK. Thanks Mommy!" And then Michael, "Wait, will they be uneven? Because we can make them even."

5 comments:

Elisa said...

Such a great entry. I wonder if Michael will make sure everything is EVEN and FAIR as an adult?

Angiegirl said...

Ha! You need to share more of these. They're awesome.

Aaron said...

Go Michael! You don't have to let all those girls push you around. Get what's yours. A full serving of milkshake for all!

Jerusha Beckstead said...

I have several of those kids at my house and it drives me up the wall. Every time we sit down to dinner someone says, "he has more then I do!"

Original Kos said...

Just found your blog, Emily, So fun to see your kids. They're so beautiful! I heard you're relocating to Utah. Excited for that!