Friday, September 10, 2010

Bear Lake August 2010

I haven't posted a blog in a few months, but I figure it's like starting to exercise--again--you have to start somewhere. We missed the official Holdaway Family Bear Lake, which was earlier in the summer, but several members of Travis's family went to Bear Lake for a weekend at his grandparents' time share condo. Living in Ogden we're closer than when we lived in Orem, but it still always takes some doing to get there. Even the shorter 2-hour drive feels longer than it should. Lucky for us we had our little songbird Sarah with us. She sang for most of the drive, and we were greeted with a gorgeous double rainbow over Bear Lake. My candid pictures of our group weren't great, but I'm glad I took a few to remember our happy weekend with. It was great to be with Liz and Andrew before their wedding; Annie and April, visiting from their recent move to Boston; Brigham and Christa and their three wonderful boys, Benjamin, Jacob, and Ty; and of course, Mom and Dad Dastrup. Dad planned and cooked all of the food! He swears it's easy for him, and he always makes it look easy, but I'm still impressed. I've been in on many of these vacations to Bear Lake over my almost-twelve years as a Dastrup, and this place holds many dear memories. I love to think of Grandma and Grandpa Holdaway who are so much a part of Bear Lake. They're no longer with us, but they don't feel very far away.





No comments: