Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Locked


I think we have another Conference Weekend project--as though there is ever time for projects during Conference Weekend. We knew this doorknob on the kids' room would be a problem. They don't make them like this anymore. A simple push and twist locks it from the inside, but there is no way to open it from the outside. We meant to switch it with one of the bathroom doors, since there are two bathroom doors and no one could lock themselves in. Somehow the door got locked with only Sarah asleep in her crib. She had stripped, which she does when she decides she needs her diaper changed, and was holding her wet diaper. After asking for me to Please get her out of her crib! she just started singing and laughed when I used the hammer on the door. This is a contrast to the time when Anna was 18 months and was stuck in a similar situation. Anna had been screaming on the other side of the door for over an hour when our landlord finally put his fist through the door of our Sacramento apartment. After that experience, I knew what I had to do. I just used a hammer instead. Michael was home sick (105.5 temp) and had been watching Myth Busters Explosions. He was completely on board with the rescue.

2 comments:

Heathelyn said...

Hahahaha! Oh, Emily, it really stinks that your door is destroyed. But what a funny story.I can't believe they used to make door knobs like that.

Elisa said...

Oh man!! I'm sure Michael was on board for that! I would have been... althought the repair will be lame. I'm glad Sarah was once again such a great little sport.