Sunday, October 14, 2012

Picnic with Grandma Thompson



We have been slaves to the enormous project of building a vinyl fence with our two neighbors. We're doing all of the work--including a new mow strip--except for placing the posts. If you roll your eyes and think, Well, that's all the work, you haven't pulled out our old fence posts or tried to dig trenches for forms with a neighbors as fastidious as ours. (He's a great guy and we're going to have the best-looking mow strip ever.)We've had some great family help, which we deeply appreciate, and Travis has spent every spare daylight minute working on it. He doesn't have a lot of spare daylight minutes, so that means there haven't been bike rides with the kids or playing catch with Michael or autumn hikes  . . .. BYU ballgames are being watched on the DVR late at night, his desk has becoming an embarassment at work, and so on. I realized that our only outdoor autumnal family activities are going to be working on the fence, so I've got to get my myself and my kids on some walks, hikes, picnics by myself, while my poor husband works (indoors, in the dark.) My mom came up for a day last week and we took Sarah and Lucy for a picnic at Glassman Pond, which is a tiny pond about a half-mile from The Condo. We took Michael fishing there once, and just ask him, we haven't been back to fish. Not because it wasn't fun, we just haven't gotten to it. Like everyone else, I love the changing leaves. Fall is my very favorite season, and we had a lovely picnic. 


3 comments:

Elisha and Scott said...

Seriously she is one of the cutest little girls I've ever seen!!!!!!

David and Mary Walton said...

I agree with Elisha...and you dress her darling!

Anonymous said...

I everу time emaіled this webpage pоst ρage to all
my aѕsociates, sinсe if liκe to read it thеn mу contacts will too.


mу blog - personal loans