Friday, January 25, 2013

Michael and Sarah in their Sunday Best



Sunday Best must be an old-fashioned expression. I think I'll sound the same when I'm 80 and my kids will roll their eyes at my quaint expressions. Cute pictures of Sarah and Lucy are pretty easy to take, but good pictures of Michael are hard to come by. I like these pictures of him in his new suit. He got his first suit when he was baptized, and he's never worn anything but his full suit and white shirt and tie to church since. He wouldn't feel right at church without his proper attire. Once I tried to encourage him to wear an ironed yellow shirt when he didn't have a clean, ironed white shirt, and he was horrified. Since I've encouraged this, and am pleased that he wants to be dressed appropriately at church, I have to support it by keeping him in clean, ironed white shirts and a suit that fits. It's his job to get his shirt in the laundry and remind me if Sunday is coming around and he doesn't have an ironed shirt. It won't be too long before he learns how to iron, but I iron so many shirts for Travis that one more isn't hard. The man at Mr. Mac who helped us pick it out was so tickled that a nine year-old boy could be so excited about a new suit. 


No comments: