Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mo Bed!

More Bread. Sarah is a do-it-herself-er. If Mom is not responding (quick enough), she'll just get it herself. Then it's usually taken away, but not before she has stolen a few bites. This is the challah that I make. We have discovered how scrumptious French toast is when made with this bread and topped with warm buttermilk syrup. I have been using a recipe book by Beth Hensperger called Bread Made Easy. It's a wonderful book about bread making, but don't be fooled by the title. There are no one-hour loaves in this book. Every recipe and variation that I have tried has been delicious.

5 comments:

Claudia said...

What a great post and photo! That is the most beautiful bread I've ever seen. Wish we could be there to share some with Sarah.

Jennifer Cox said...

I love challah bread. Growing up in NJ, we ate this regularly, I would love the recipe. I don't know if I want a whole book of bread recipes, since I am trying to cut back. But, I would love to make this bread, not something to be easily found in Indy. My email is trioblythe@tds.net.

Elisa said...

What a GREAT picture! I love it! And I have to find time to get over to my library! I know it will take more time than I normally have!

Charlotte said...

She's so cute! I'll have to look up that book!

Anonymous said...

the valuable content u presented do help our team's investigation for our group, appreaciate that.

- Lucas