Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Snow

We got dumped with a heavy snowfall over Christmas, and it was mild enough (high 20s low 30s) that we could have a lot of fun sledding and building snowmen. Travis took the kids sledding on a real hill (with Christmas sleds brought out early) and we built a little sledding hill in our backyard with all of the snow we shoveled over Christmas. Sarah loved sledding on my lap! For two weeks it's been too cold to play in the snow much, but the kids still have fun at recess. Anna hauls pieces of ice to build a snow fort that is destroyed before she gets back to it the next day. Michael's school (He's at a K-3 and Anna is at a separate grades 4-6 school) brings out sleds and they sled and have snowball fights during recess. Driving is slippery and my husband is always cold, but I love it here! Our house is dripping with icicles and every tree branch in Minnesota is delicately frosted with ice. So beautiful.

3 comments:

Elisa said...

I'm so glad you can enjoy it dispite the cold! It looks like fun! Here I am thinking how much I'd like it to snow! We need to plow so we can make some money! :)

Unknown said...

Looks a lot like it does here. Or at least until yesterday. Of course I think it is just a bit colder there than here. Love the snowman!

Claudia said...

Emily, I love your posts and your wonderful photos and MY adorable grandchildren and the way you celebrate the beauty of your winter wonderland.